Instagram Reels Updates and New Features (and how you should react!)
Instagram just keeps coming at us with updates and new features! How do all these updates affect your brand and business online? In this episode, we’ll cover the new Instagram Reels updates and new features, and the six powerful components you need to save your sanity on Instagram.
First, we’ll dive into the new features for Reels:
- Videos merging with Reels
- Remix with Photos
- Reels templates
- Adding clips to a remixed reel
- New Dual Camera Mode, and
- Expanded Remix layouts
Phew! Holy Smokes. But don’t freak out! As long as you have THESE six powerful components for Instagram growth you’ll be fine no matter what Adam Mosseri or the algorithm throws at you! We’ll recap:
- Brand clarity
- Video, and
Listen to the full episode here for the Instagram Reels Updates:
And don’t forget, I can help you with all your Instagram needs. Connect with me on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/allisonscholes or grab a few freebies or journals.
Instagram Reels Updates
Video posts will be shared as reels! Any new video posts shorter than 15 minutes will now be shared as reels. When you do this, you will have access to editing tools and effects available while creating Reels. Existing videos will see no change. They will remain as is. Why the change? The idea is to give your videos greater exposure and increase engagement, and all videos and Reels will now be housed under the same tab on your profile for easier discovery.
Remix with Photos is coming soon. Some users had this option as early as this past January, but in a few weeks, you will be able to remix any public photo to create unique Reels Remix. Users can turn off remixing for their new photos and videos from the settings menu. Existing photos and videos on Instagram have remixing off by default.
Instagram reels templates are coming!
They will help you create your own reels using popular existing reels format as templates. The templates will have preloaded audio and video placeholders to enable anyone to create quality Reels on the go. Simply select a template and add your photos and/or videos to have quick and easy Reels ready in no time. You can find templates under the camera icon on the Reels tab.
New dual camera mode. With this feature, you will be able to use both the back and front camera at the same time which means you can capture your favorite content and yourself simultaneously.
New expanded Remix layouts are coming to reels. You can use the four new layouts as green-screen, horizonal split screen, vertical split screen or picture-in-picture view.
A lot of updates coming to Reels. How does this make you feel? Overwhelmed, excited, ready to delete the app off your phone!
Here’s my advice! As long as you have the 6 main components to Instagram, you’ll always continue to grow no matter what Adam Mosseri or the algorithm throws at you.
I’ve talked about them before, but let’s recap.
6 Powerful Components To Save Your Sanity
First are the 3 Cs of the big picture to Instagram, which is what you need to focus on!
- Clarity on your brand and brand message
- Have your content pillars in place – what do you want to be known for in your business?
- Consistency – what is sustainable for you?
Then there’s the 3 Vs to your growth strategy.
- Variety – deliver your content in a variety of ways even with all the updates and new features. Don’t pump the brakes on carousels, static graphics or stories. Dabble in all areas when it feels right and try reels. Try a remix! Don’t stick with just one format; use a variety of features to keep your audience interested.
- Video – there’s no way around it! Instagram is leaning to video, but you don’t need to do it every day. Small steps, small efforts, lead to big outcomes! Don’t overcomplicate it. I always give the advice to start in your Stories, then evolve to reels.
- Value – don’t hold back! This is the key to it all! To build community and credibility, it’s all about value! No fluff! The more you give, the more you will receive!
That’s all I have for you today, I’ll see you next time!
Stay sassy, sparkle, wear sweatpants, and don’t be like Loki
PS. Be sure to join my free online community for mompreneurs! Join here.
Instagram Reels: 2 Simple Yet Authentic Ideas You Can Create Immediately
Instagram Stories vs. Instagram Reels