Welcome back friends! Today’s MINI-cast, #50, will INSPIRE you to celebrate your wins, big and small.
My mini cast episodes are an extension of my Podcast, where I give quick tips, trends, hacks and more so you can take action now.
As I sat down to outline my 50th episode, I almost skipped right over this achievement! I mean, 50 episodes! When I launched this Podcast I couldn’t even fathom 50 published shows!
So I thought – the perfect topic must be The Why & How to Celebrating Your Wins
We know being an entrepreneur isn’t easy. We us make huge, lofty goals that seem outrageous or insane to others.
Why do small wins matter?
To build a great business and love what your doing, you need to create habits or rituals of celebration that recognizes your small wins.
Ask any psychologist or a major successful entrepreneur. They’ll tell you to take your major “big” goals and break them down into smaller milestones.
Why? Well, it gives you clear direction and increases the probability of success. It reduces fear, it brings joy to your life and it helps you focus on the “big” goals.
Think about it, it’s the smaller victories that made the big victory possible. I say it’s necessary to celebrate the smaller wins.
Entrepreneurship is full of ups and downs. Reaching a big goal is never a straight line.
So how can you celebrate your small victories? Well, let your imagination run wild. There’s no right or wrong way to do it, but here are some fun and creative ways to celebrate:
1. Share the news with friends, family and colleagues.
2. Shout it out on social media.
3. Write your small, measurable goal on a piece of paper and tape it to a champagne bottle. When you reach it, pop that cork and enjoy.
4. Write down your success and put it where you can see it every day.
5. Treat yourself to your favorite dessert.
6. Thank everyone who supported you.
7. Cross it off your master list of goals. (that’s always a good feeling)
8. Take a DAY OFF.
9. Do something you enjoy but rarely have time to do.
10. Plan a special date night.
11. Write your success story to share in an email
12. Spend the day with your family.
13. Start a success journal.
14. Buy yourself something new.
15. Write a blog post about it.
16. Treat yourself to a day of rest and relaxation.
Here’s the biggest takeaway, never feel bad, guilty or embarrassed for sharing your wins. Small wins lead to happiness, which leads to encouragement. Then leads to focus and growth, which leads to BIG wins!
Never downplay your wins. Instead of saying, “that’s no big deal.” Rephrase that thought to, “this is a big deal.” Instead of “No time to celebrate.” Rephrase that to “it’s time to celebrate.”
You might not even realize you’re putting a negative thought in your head when you achieve a small win because you’re so focused on the BIG win.
I promise, if you shift your mindset to focus on and celebrate the small victories, those tiny celebrations will lead to more success and happiness.
I hope this has inspired you today to pay attention to your small victories. I want to hear from you! Please screenshot this episode and share it in your Instagram Stories. Tag me and share a small victory.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.