“The Algorithm is out to get me!”
Have you said this before?
I can assure you it’s not the algorithm. It’s your mindset and how you use the platform.
Consider these two questions:
- How are you approaching Instagram?
- How are you posting on Instagram?
Let’s chat about question 1. Are you on the platform as an “Instagrammer” or as a “Business owner?”
An Instagrammer simply uses the app randomly, scrolling endlessly, liking a few pictures, post something spontaneously, then leaves the app.
A business owner approaches Instagram with a daily strategy that is consistent. A business owner will post with intent, engage with other accounts by liking and commenting, use and engage with hashtags daily, use Instagram Stories daily and answer DM’s.
Are you a business owner when you’re on Instagram, or falling down the rabbit hole in the endless scroll?
Now you might be asking, “what does it mean to post with intent?” Basically post with a purpose! Here are three ways:
- Educate – your post should educate your audience on how to think and feel about your business.
- Inspire – Talk about your lifestyle and how your business has helped you or how it’s helped others.
- Connect – Relate to your audience by sharing stories, share who you are, what you do, why you do it and how you can help others.
When it comes to Instagram, shift your thought process from “the algorithm hates me,” to “how can I better serve my audience today.”
And that my friend is how you use Instagram to grow your business.