The Good, The Ugly & What 2019 Taught Me
2020 is here, and it’s an excellent time to sit back and take stock of last year. One year ago, I made audacious goals for my business. I felt on top of the world. I felt unstoppable. Fast forward 12 months, reality check.
Let’s dive in.
The Ugly (01:05-02:57)
- Have at least 500 membership subscribers: I did not attain this goal. Was it unattainable? My membership didn’t launch until March
- Make $7500 per month. Another goal that I did not achieve. I put all my eggs in one basket. I was relying on the membership to take-off
- Lose 20 pounds. At least with this goal, I’m not badly off. I have lost 6 pounds
The Good (03:00-04:10)
- I launched this podcast that you’re listening to, and it surpassed my expectations. I never thought I’d create, write, interview and host my own show for anyone to listen crazy
- I launched the membership, and I have some amazing members
- I also vowed in 2019 that I would plan monthly date nights with my husband and I think we only missed one month
- I have sharpened my photography skills
- I joined a fitness program
Lessons learned (04:11-05:28)
One of the major lessons I have learnt in 2019 is clarity. I thought I was crystal clear on my business until I listened to a podcast episode from the mompreneur mastermind show, which is by Stefanie Gass on quieting the noise.
How to Make Better Goals for 2020
I realized all my 2019 goals were based on money alone. My goals and intentions were not aligned. I don’t want you to make the same mistakes I made. Here are three questions to ask yourself as you set goals for the year 2020:
- Is it going to make you happy?
- Does it fire you up?
- Are you excited to do it, and does it align with your business?
- That’s it for the good, the ugly, and what 2019 has taught me.
If you loved this episode, please head over to iTunes and leave a review and connect with me on Instagram!